Looking to get the most mileage out of your content marketing? Creating strong content is a staple in digital marketing and savvy brands continue to make it a priority. Discover best practices to showcase expertise, improve search engine ranking and increase overall online presence.
Best Practices to Maximize Your Content’s Impact
Content is a Fundamental Part of Your Digital Strategy
How much are you prioritizing content creation and promotion for your organization? Creating strong content is a staple in digital marketing and savvy brands continue to make it a priority. Today’s modern buyers quickly turn to websites or social media channels to gain better insight into a business’s purpose, ethics, and social approval — so it’s imperative that brands showcase fresh and relevant content.
Gone are the days of creating generic content merely to show participation. Content creation is an opportunity for businesses to show off industry expertise, improve search engine ranking and even increase their overall online presence. But, how can you create content that pushes the bounds of regular vanity key performance indicators? This article will break down the best practices to get the most out of your content.
When it comes to creating high-quality content, you must take into account two factors: intent and planning. As the old saying goes, “failing to plan is planning to fail,” and it’s never been more true than when it comes to content creation.
Disregarding a content strategy will strip you from a better understanding of your purpose for creating each piece of content and how you will share it with the world. Take the time to understand why each part of the content you want to create is important and how you plan on distributing it to your audience.
When developing a content strategy, consider the following factors to get the best results possible for your business:
- Consider your target market and the issues they face. Your organization solves a problem. This is your opportunity to provide a solution that your target market needs help overcoming.
- Next, you’ll want to consider your customer’s journey and how each piece of content will fit accordingly.
- Finally, the numbers don’t lie! Analyze current content’s performance data to determine the message and create a well-rounded strategy.
Pro Tip: Consider the Pareto Principle for your content strategy. Spend 20 percent of your effort creating content and 80 percent promoting it.
Ready to take action? Let’s have a conversation.
When it comes to publishing content, you don’t want to take the shoot-in-the-dark approach for many reasons. Always strive to put as much thought behind your content distribution as you do into your content creation.
Here are a few quick reminders when trying to publish content optimally:
- Save the stress, and don’t publish your content on every possible platform. This is overwhelming and will undoubtedly lead to burnout. Instead, focus on a few of the most relevant platforms for your content and let yourself grow.
- Another frequently overlooked consideration is leveraging third-party channels like guest posting and user-generated content. These are great ways to gain social credibility and get your name and content out in front of other relevant audiences.
- When you’re first starting, your content will take time to gain traction, but don’t let this get you down. Find a frequent publishing schedule that you can keep because consistency is the overall key, especially at the beginning of your content creation journey.
- Be strategic about which platforms you publish content on, and don’t be afraid to move on if needed. Understanding which platforms are best for your business starts with knowing where your target audience hangs out online. If you find your content isn’t performing well no matter how many changes you make, then it might be time to try publishing elsewhere.
Promoting Your Content
If no one knows you’re posting, then does it count? Of course, it does! However, promoting your content is equally important as creating content. Promotion doesn’t stop after one post; there should be a thoughtful strategy for optimally promoting content after publishing.
To get the best promotion for your content, consider the following:
- Re-purposing content will help you gain the most mileage from one source of content. This method will save you time and stress when looking at a barren content calendar. You can re-optimize or reformat content for different platforms and mediums. For example, if you publish a video, turning the same messaging into a blog post will provide you additional content without too much extra effort.
- Re-marketing is often a dreaded yet highly effective method of promoting content. Be open to spending a little money to stretch the potential of your content.
- Finally, getting your content out to the most people is nowhere near as effective as getting the most relevant people. This is where leveraging influencers who speak and already have credibility with your target audience will give you the results you need!
Bringing It Together
Bringing together a solid content strategy will help your business get the notoriety and publicity it deserves. A catered plan will carefully detail the intention of each piece of content that speaks to your target audience versus just anyone who happens to scroll by. Only focusing on these few platforms will help you get the best results instead of spreading yourself thin across multiple platforms. Finally, focusing on strategic promotion will be the ultimate deciding factor on how far your content goes in the digital ecosystem.
Repurposing old content for other platforms where you find your target audience will help you get the most out of your content. Maintaining a consistent flow of high-quality content will be the best step to take when starting or reconsidering your strategy. Maximizing your content’s impact will help grow your company’s brand and leave you feeling happy as you see a positive return on your content investment.
Hopefully the tips above will help improve your content marketing campaigns. Have more questions about partnering with an agency? Reach out to us directly.
An often overlooked benefit to creating compelling content is equipping your sales team with the right resources to fill gaps in the sales cycle and increase their close rate.
Internet visibility drives website traffic and can help you reach your business goals. To get the most out of any SEO agency, you need to ask the right questions to ensure you find the right partner.
Subscribe to Get The Latest Insights.
What makes marketing so challenging?
Trying to keep-up with the tools, technology and the limited attention span of your target market are all challenging. Get our tips on how to grow leads and revenue, delivered directly to your inbox.
Request a Consultation.
goals with a 20-minute introductory call.